Wednesday 21 January 2015

Well then. Here goes!

This is my first ever blog post, and having never done this before, please forgive me if it takes me a while to get the swing of it. I’m a 23 year old Product Design graduate who is possibly more like a middle aged woman at heart. Nothing makes me happier than sitting, crocheting and drinking tea. This blog is just going to be my little platform to show people what projects I’m working on and basically all the things I get up to when I crochet.

I only learnt to crochet about 2 years ago now but instantly caught the bug. I was taught by my Mum who learnt when she was young; but it has only been over the last few years that she herself has gotten back into it. I remember the first thing she made for me was an amazing multi-coloured blanket to take with me to university. And she’s since made 3 more, after requests from my sister, my boyfriend and uni friends. (In fact I’m snuggled under my boyfriend’s one right now! Shhh).


But when it comes to styles of crochet my Mum and I are quite different. She’s amazing at larger scale projects and can work her stiches really fast, whereas I tend to prefer the smaller projects and normally in a more amigurumi style. So if you’re into amigurumi and making little toys and gifts for friends and family, then this blog is definitely for you!

I hope you come back to visit once I’ve got my head around this blogging business a bit more. But in the meantime feel free to check out my Instagram account and have a browse on my Etsy shop.

Thanks,

Catcat

No comments:

Post a Comment